Sunday, July 1, 2012

How to make a bridal inspired ribbon pearl bracelet.

I am recently engaged and have been thinking about what kind of jewelry I would like to wear on my wedding. I love pearls and ribbon so this is what I came up with for my first test drive. If I do decide to go with this looks I will do a light green (to go with our colors) and give the rest to my wedding party so we all match.
What you will need.
Ribbon, beads, jump rings, clasp, caps, fishing line or beading thread, scissors,pencil, adhesive, needle and measuring tape.

You may need to make adjustments depending on the size of beads you are using.
I used caps and added chain to my bracelets but you can just use the ribbon it you like. 
1. With your pencil, mark every inch with a dot on the ribbon.
2. Thread your needle with wire.
3. Tie a knot around a jump ring with the wire.
4. Thread on the cap charm.
5. Start threading the ribbon after the cap is in place, add some adhesive to the ribbon and cap so they stick.
6. Start treading on the beads and dots on the ribbon, wrap the ribbon around the front and back of every other bead as pictured above. You can add a little adhesive on the sides of the beads
7. Place cap on the end with some adhesive.
8. Tie a knot around another jump ring.
9. Trim the wire and any extra ribbon that the cap isn't hiding.
10. Connect as many jump rings to one side and the clasp on the other until you are happy with the size of the bracelet & you are done!




Check out my "we're engaged" post to see a better picture of our ring! 

Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoyed!
 If your engaged too, I'd love to hear about it.
I am just starting off and I do not know where to go!


4 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful and unique idea. I will definitely give this a shot sometime. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'd love to see what you come up with, feel free to come back and share when you're done!

      Delete
  2. add a pinterest button so I can pin this. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad ya like it!

      & I added a pin it button! I love that site I can't believe I didn't think about it before.

      Delete